A Durham, NC firefighter was arrested Tuesday and charged with being the Green Goblin robber, responsible for as many as eight robberies in recent weeks.
Damon Quick, 35, a firefighter since 2003, allegedly wore a green mask while committing the robberies. He is also a suspect in the theft of $1,200 from fellow firefighters.
Quick was fired on Wednesday. He now stands charged with 43 counts
- 19 counts of second-degree kidnapping.
- 11 counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon.
- 2 counts of attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon.
- 7 counts of assault by pointing a gun.
- 2 counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
- 2 counts of communicating threats.
Late reports are that he attempted to commit suicide, and his condition is not known.