It would appear that all-out warfare has broken out between the LA City Fire Department’s Internal Assessor Stephen Miller and the City Attorneys office. Last Wednesday, Miller filed a massive 97 page suit against the city and the city’s top attorneys alleging an assortment of misdeeds and misconduct that was preventing him from fulfilling his watchdog role under the city charter.
The suit was filed in Federal District Court for the Central District of California on July 17, 2013. The complaint was set forth in 275 paragraphs, with 8 counts alleging:
- Violation of Free Speech
- Retaliation and Violation of California Labor Code
- Intentional Infliction of Severe Emotional Distress
- Employment Discrimination Race and Sex
- Harassment and Retaliation
- Failure to Prevent Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation
- Declaratory and Injunctive Relief
Among the specific allegations that Miller makes are unethical conduct, misleading city officials, and threats to Miller and his staff.
Here is a copy of the complaint (one of the most strained and difficult complaints I have ever read) LACityAttorneys
Here is a news article that may offer some “slightly” easier going.