A fire lieutenant with the Springfield Township, Ohio Fire Department has been terminated for a number of infractions, including showing a female colleague a lewd photo of his penis, and having pornography on his fire department computer.
Lt. Jason Bowman was terminated on April 16, 2013 for conduct unbecoming, dereliction of duty, and sexual harassment. Besides showing the female firefighter the photo (which occurred while on duty), he also allegedly sent her a sexually explicit text while off duty, and had pornographic videos on his fire department computer.
The Blade reported that Lt. Bowman had a troubled disciplinary record, including past discipline for:
- failing to complete required equipment inspections,
- failing to complete reports on time,
- open arguments with officers about firefighting tactics,
- failing to show for a scheduled shift,
- sharing of his concerns about disciplinary decisions with subordinates, and
- aggressive driving